Saturday 29 March 2014

Family Paddy's Day


              St Patricks Day 2014

We had a great CRAIC...

We decided to have a get together for St Patricks Day as we now have 3 little leprechauns in the family. My daughter Leah (7yrs), our nephews Finn (2yrs) & our newest little leprechaun, Jude (4mons), it was his first Paddy's Day!! 

All our leprechauns with Uncle Paa'trick!!

We started off with drinks & dinner out in the garden. The starter was either Dublin Bay Mussels in a White Wine sauce or Irish Smoked Salmon with a Dill sauce & soda bread. Followed by My Mam's Recipe for our Irish Stew (which isn't very tradition, we make ours with Beef instead of Lamb & it's got a much thicker & richer sauce) with more Soda Bread & Kerrygold Butter, another must have on Paddy's Day. Dessert was made by my mam...an apple crumble & an apple tart. We even had Tayto Crisps, Kimberley biscuits & lashings of Club Orange. 

Myself, Jennifer & Gemma gasbaging on the sofa about our upcoming trip to Ireland!! 
This is the cutest little leprechaun ever!!
(Photo courtesy of Gemma & Patrick)

We had loads of fun in the garden, Leah put on a show singing a couple of her favourites. While Patrick had even more fun throwing himself on the floor playing with the kids!!

Leah & I had great fun decorating the house for our party...we spent lots of time searching through Pinterest for ideas when we happened upon this idea, which we absolutely had to do!! So at least I can also say I also took part in See It, Pin It, Do It or SIPIDI which my friend fiona-staringatthesea.blogspot.com/

Leprechaun Pee with footprints...so funny!!
          Mam & Dad with Leah & Finn
Patrick & Finn with Mark setting up for the family photo in the background!!.

Leah & Finn playing with the Guinea Pigs. 

Patrick, Leah & Jennifer in the Garden. 

Ian eating Tayto with Leah, holding Red & myself & my brother, Mark in the only Paddy's Day Selfie I actually remembered to take!! LOL :))

I was also lucky enough to receive a St Patricks Day card (my only one this year :(( boohoo!!) from my lovely friend Karen. (Thank you darlin, I've made you an honorary Paddy!! :))

Leah & I in our Green outfits & very Traditional hats you understand!! 

So I hope you all had great CRAIC too...can't wait for next year, Leah is pinning & planning already!! 

Txx 

2 comments:

Julia said...

Lovely to see all the photos from your day. Looks like you had great fun!

Lisa said...

Ah now, I'd wish I'd joined in wit ya all!

It looks a fab family day and lots of precious family time too.

Lisa
xx