Sunday 22 April 2012

Well how'ya folks,

Fabo day to report...

Trip to Clandon Park with my brother, his lovely wife and son. Great time looking around the house, park, Riley Classic Cars and the Guildford Quilting expo they had on.  All for free courtesy of National Trust's free weekend visits. We dived into the restaurant for lunch to escape the windy rain or rainy wind and managed to time it so we missed the main lunch time rush, sweet!!


A very bright day in between the April showers...we'll have to get some sunny's all round me thinks for next time!! (Jen we need a pic of Finn in his new pair of sunny's)So lovely spending time with family, it makes for a perfect day. I really enjoyed looking at the amazing quilts on display too, some fabulous examples. Even better was the fact I was allowed to take some photos!!

This is my favourite, I love the colours and the cut-away detail at the edges. I forgot to get the details but who ever the creator is they are very talented!! The exhibition is running from today until Sunday 29th and is part of the Textiles April Exhibition at Hatchlands Park and Clandon Park.


A trip to the National Trust Shop is a must and not just because it's shopping/spending money either, lol...but because they always have such cute things. However Leah came away with a new friend to add to her already large collection of named cute thingy's!! Please meet Purple Millepede!


Co-ordinating colours aside SHE is lovely and feels really funny, we had fun playing with her at lunch and Finn seemed to like the colour too. A few other items fell into my newly acquired National Trust canvas bag too...a cute pack of Guardsman tissues, a pale green butterfly dish, a little book of quotes and a selection of postcards.


I'm not sure why but I can't resist a cute tissue or a postcard!! I have amassed quite a collection yet every time I leave the house I never seem to have a pack when I need them, a tissue that is, typical isn't it, but I digress!! I am seriously considering getting a family membership as it means we will always have somewhere to go...even when it rains!!

On a completely different note I have now found PINTEREST and can feel a new addiction coming on, especially useful on the iphone for those dull moments one needs to fill!! haha Found loads of things to inspire, upcycle and try out...just need to find the time now!!
Right off to blog watch...

Tudaloo, nighty nite!!
Txx

8 comments:

Dee said...

Hi Tara, well done on beginning a blog - now to upload some of your LOs on to it or other crafty bits? Hope you're enjoying it, so far so good. Great pics.

ian lane said...

Had a great day.shame about the rain.
Well done for getting your blog up and running. It looks great.

Alison said...

Sounds like a fabo day! Lovely post - keep going! x

Helen said...

loving the blog, sounds like a great day out had by all.

TaraE said...

Thanks everybody...big learning curve but I'm really enjoying it just need to get some crafting done so I can blog about it!!!

Moiz said...

Hi Tara! Well done on getting the blog started! Sounds like you had a great day out, love the pics. Keep up the good work! x

Lynne said...

Congratulations on becoming a blogger, look forard to some more news from you :)

Julia said...

Lovely to see you blogging! Looks like you had a fab day out :)